GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
22-year-old Eikichi Onizuka: pervert, former gang member… and teacher?
Great Teacher Onizuka follows the incredible, though often ridiculous, antics of the titular teacher as he attempts to outwit and win over the cunning Class 3-4 that is determined to have him removed from the school. However, other obstacles present themselves throughout—including the frustrated, balding vice principal, Hiroshi Uchiyamada; old enemies from his biker days; and his own idiotic teaching methods. But Eikichi fights it all whilst trying to help his students, romance fellow teacher Azusa Fuyutsuki, and earn his self-proclaimed title.
- English: GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
- Synonyms: GTO: Tomoko’s Big Adventures
- Japanese: GTO
- Type: Manga
- Volumes: 25
- Chapters: 208
- Status: Finished
- Published: Dec 11, 1996 to Jan 30, 2002
- Genres: Action, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, School, Shounen
- Authors: Fujisawa, Tohru (Story & Art)
- Serialization: Shounen Magazine (Weekly)